Friday, March 12, 2010

New Year's Resolutions.


It's the eve of my 47th birthday and since eves are the time to make resolutions I thought I'd make some tonight.

#1 I will run my first marathon in the next 12 months. The plan is to run the Melbourne Marathon in October. Melbourne is one of my favourite cities in Australia. It is very cosmopolitan, has great food and you honestly can't get a bad coffee there plus it was where I ran my half marathon PB in 2008. After this week and the good runs that I've had I'm feeling like this plan can actually happen.

#2 I will try to stop being negative about some people in my life. We've had a really tough year with my parents and I was really supportive to begin with but that's been a little less so in the last couple of months. I'm needing to turn my attitude around.

#3 I will push my limits a bit more. I have a tendency to stay totally in my comfort zone and shy away from things I think might be too hard. This year I'm going to try to say yes especially if I don't want to.

I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow. An 18k run with the group. Breakfast with my family. A fashion parade and launch of the Galeforce running squad season. A walk with my friend Natalie followed by dinner with her and my boys.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun birthday weekend and you've made some awesome resolutions! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a great day planned - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions! Have a wonderful Birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birfday! Get into training gear - October will be here sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.