Bubbles Recovering From Our Walk
While we were out walking I saw a girl running with her dog. It looked so effortless and full of joy and I was immediately filled with such envy and frustration. I want to run and I want to run with joy. Unfortunately the only way I'm going to do that is to take the time to recover now. Patience can be such a hard virtue to learn and re-learn.
Focussing on the frustration is not productive so I'm trying to focus on positives.
- Bubbles is loving her walks.
- Her extra walks mean that I'm not having to clip her nails as often.
- I get to stay up late and watch the tennis without consequences the next day.
- There is less smelly washing.
- My hair is staying neater.
- I've got a great excuse to have a nap if I'm tired.
- There's only a couple more days till I get to see the doctor and, hopefully, get some direction.
- There's more time to bake cupcakes.
I've been watching The Biggest Loser, which started last Sunday, and once again I am amazed by the lack of discipline and the level of self-indulgence in some people's lives. Some of these people have never pushed themselves out of their comfort zones in their entire life and continue on self-destructive patterns even though it's making themselves miserable. I never thought I was particularly disciplined but apparently I am. In fact, I'm so disciplined that I don't know how to back off and just chill when I need to.
And to change topics totally - I've been in tears all morning over a thread on Facebook. That's tears of laughter. Someone had the bright idea of getting people to describe their last bowel movement in terms of a movie title. And I still have my 4 year old sense of humour -
The Great Escape
A Cry in The Dark
Black Hawk Down
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Long Goodbye
Can you think of any others?