Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Runs and Christmas Rats


It's been a while since I mentioned running and there's been a good reason for that. It's not that I haven't been running. I've done my pathetic, slow speed, my Thursday 8-10k and my Saturday 10k but there's been little to write home about. I run, I come home feel crap and need a sleep by midday. That is until last Saturday. (drum roll please) I did my 10k and I felt good and continued to feel good for the rest of the day. (Little happy dance) It's been 8 weeks of very minimal progress and equally minimal running. The running's felt fairly unpleasant compared to how I normally feel.
Saturday's run felt good! I enjoyed it! Yay!

And on a totally different topic, we finally put our Christmas tree up yesterday. I've been putting it off because I am basically lazy but I really couldn't put it off any longer or we'd have nowhere to put our presents. I pulled out the tree from it's storage area and noticed that the cardboard box it lives in was looking a bit worse for wear. Then I smelt it - the unmistakable odour of rat! Some dirty rat had decided to re-enact the nativity scene in MY christmas tree. Luckily they'd departed but they hadn't taken the smell with them. A good spray with Glen 20 (pine scent) had it smelling like a pine forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.