Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sam Graduated


My first-born graduated today. The ceremony was full of all the pomp and circumstance that you'd expect. People in silly gown in 35 degree heat. People wearing silly hats. Lots of parents wearing proud, silly little grins. I was one of those silly grinners - so proud of my boy that I felt like crying through most of the ceremony and I hate crying! I especially hate public crying but today it didn't matter. No matter how much I tried to distract myself I let a few wet ones spill.

I've been trying to work out why I was such a wuss and I've decided that today has marked the day that my boy is all grown up. He's ready to launch into the world and establish himself as a professional and a man. He's someone that I nurtured and encouraged and loved and he's become someone that any mother would be proud of. Congratulations Sammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.