Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Student of Life
Life is always full of little lessons. Doesn't matter how old and experienced, how well educated, how worldly - there is always something we can learn. These are just a few that I've learnt in the last week.
- Maybe a 21k run isn't the best idea a few days after you've had the hill session from hell and one of your calves is still sore.
- Eating a chocolate that you've found on the kitchen bench that looks like it's gone through the washing machine may actually taste like it's gone through the washing machine.
- If every single member in your family has had the same throat infection, don't think you're going to get away without contracting it.
- If you're in a hurry to get somewhere that will be the day that someone has left the gate open and the dog's escaped.
- Buying a very expensive mattress for your old dog who has really bad hips can actually help you sleep better at night.
- It's never a good idea to chase the scrub turkeys from the front lawn in a motorized vehicle and even a worse idea when your tyres are a little bald and it's been raining. Anyone know a good panel beater?
- People will always turn up at training if there's the promise of cake. Except if they're still young and have a friend who will deliver their cake to them.
- You will always have friends if you can bake.
This week's culinary triumph - a chocolate cupcake filled with white chocolate ganache and iced with coffee buttercream.
- If you know a client is coming around lunch time chances are high that they will turn up just as you've made a cup of tea.
- Never disregard crazy dreams. They may have an ounce of truth in them.
It's been so interesting to be a student of life this week.