Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finally Pictures!


Port Arthur


The Blowhole


Tasman's Arch


Richmond Bridge - the oldest bridge in Australia and it's still being used.


Iven on our cherry picking adventure.


Wallaby (in the wild)


The wombat that let me pat it (in the wild)


Wombat scat - note the unusual cuboidal shape.


The view from our trek up to Crater's Peak at Cradle Mountain. Well worth that one hour uphill climb!


Jack my belligerent trail companion.


Emus


Kangaroos

It's just a quick overview of the holiday. We had a great time but I was happy to get home yesterday and to sleep in my own bed. There's really no place like home!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome photography - especially the Tasman Arch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! You live in such a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite picture: The wombat scat. Especially since you asked us to look closer to note the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. How big is that wombat? Love the bridge! And yes I agree that there is no place like home. Dorothy had it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pictures. I've never seen a kangaroo lying down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! And I have to agree about sleeping in one's own bed - that is most definitely the best thing about coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Port Arthur's old building and Richmond Bridge are wonderful. Beautiful photos! Thanks for that!

    I wouldn't mind a cherry picking adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would sleep anywhere to visit there. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing places and amazing wild life in those parts. You are right, sleeping in one's own bed after time away is super.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are amazing pictures!!! The Wombat just made me laugh, he is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, I love the animals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.