Saturday, January 15, 2011

Walks and Wombats

Just a quick post. All the family is fine. The house is fine and the animals are fine. My sister had a couple of inches in her house and I've yet to hear how the clean-up's gone or if she lost anything but at last word it looked like she was going to have to get new carpet.

The holiday is still going well. I've had no phone reception so no way of posting anything. I'm at an email kiosk and it's not easy so I apologise for any typos.

We're at
cradle Mountain which means walks, walks and more walks. We've seen an echidna, Tasmanian devil and heaps of Wombats. I've even patted a live wombat in the wild. Heaps of photos. Heaps to say and no time to say it. Keep safe everyone and kep running.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're safe! Can't wait to hear more and see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you and your family are all ok. I was thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you and your family are all okay! I kept thinking of you when our news was showing Brisbane this week...thank goodness your sister only had a bit of water - some of the houses they showed were unbelievably devastated - I really wonder if people can still live in them afterwards?
    I can't believe you petted a wombat! I think they are cute but I would be afraid it might bite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you have good news from home. It will certainly make your vacation more enjoyable.
    I want to pet a wombat too! an

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.