Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehn, Goodbye ... For The Moment


I just want to say - I'm packed. And in plenty of time too. And I've written a list of all the jobs that need to be done daily and weekly. I AM NOT A CONTROL FREAK (much)

After this morning, I'm looking forward to being out of Brisbane. Once again it's raining. Actually it's been pouring! Our front yard has it's water feature again and the mould is growing healthily on our ceilings. Please, please let it be dry in Tasmania. But just in case it's not I've packed a raincoat and umbrella.

I'm really hoping my luggage doesn't get checked. I've packed my supplements and I could understand how that container could look a bit suspicious. Lots of tablets (manganese, B12, zinc, Vit C, ibuprofen and paracetamol) and a highly questionable white powder (colostrum - which luckily smells more like milk than high-grade heroin. Not that I'd know what heroin smells like) All we need now is for Iven to bring some of his home-dried lemon grass that he likes to have as a tea and we'd look like the most unlikely drug dealers.

I should be able to blog while I'm away from my phone as long as I have service. I just won't be able to read many blogs because I haven't yet worked out how to scroll down through them. So expect regular travel logs. You, too may find the lure of Tasmania too hard to resist and the Tasmanian government may just have to hire me as an ambassador.

Bon Voyage to me!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Travels, stay safe and can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasmania sounds very exotic. Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great journey. And please, please post tons of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear all about it. Hope you and your hubby have such a GREAT time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time. Relax and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon Voyage to you indeed. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Tasmania is interesting ... and the Tasmanian devil too :)
    Let's see some photos of that special part of the world!
    Have a nice time, Char!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.