Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Evil Twin Made Me Do It

My computer and I are no longer on speaking terms. We had 'words' yesterday where I might have called her Stupid for freezing. She didn't take kindly to my harsh comments and let out a loud scream that went on and on and on ... until I couldn't take it any longer. I just had to make the screaming stop! Things have become vague right around here. I think I went into a fugue state. There may have been blood? A gun shot? All I know is that she's no longer alive and kicking and I'll be claiming self-defence ... or insanity.

So with the untimely demise of my computer I am now back to blogging on my phone. (Brings back memories of Tasmania) This means that I can blog from anywhere - even my lovely soft bed in the company of my two faithful hounds.

Nelson, our dalmatian, is getting pretty old. He's 13 in human years which is the equivalent of 91 in dog years. And my 91 year old veteran has made mockery of the phrase - You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Nelson has always been able to jump onto our bed for our weekend afternoon nap - until the last year. A few unfortunate incidents had left him lying sprawled on the floor feeling humiliated. (We've all been there and can empathise) But the lure of the nap has been too great to just give in gracefully to his senior years. He has learnt that if he baulks on the run he must back up into the hallway then run with everything he's got and COMMIT to the jump. It's verging on genius!

His other new trick is to lie with his head facing the foot of the bed. This leaves his pungent poo hole facing my husband's pillow. Poor Nellie has a little wind problem. In fact I think that he's single-handedly made a sizeable hole in the ozone layer. Iven now believes that he has a serious sinus issue or, at best, killer halitosis. I have not set him straight.

Yes, I know. I'm evil!

11 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong if the evil twin rears its head every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - you make me laugh!
    Yes, Kim was awesome, I was on the edge of my seat until the third set - phew, she did it!
    Too bad things didn't work out for her and Lleyton but she seems really happy now. I admire her a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid computers!

    I can completely relate to the aging dog. Ours is 12 and I really think he could give yours a run for the money with his gas, trust me! It's also sad to see him slow down a bit. They're such a part of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Nelson stories. What a smart dog he is.

    I believe computers are precursors of all those evil robots movies are made about. They seem to behave for a while and then they rebel and at the most inopportune moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how Nelson figured out how to get what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was actually inspiring. Seriously. Love that little story of just backing up, running, comitting, and flying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate computers. They can be so stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't you build a ramp out of beanbags or something for the old fella Char? Great post ;)

    Yes, almost nothing worse than a computer that starts playing up. Nothing for it but to be dropped from a large height, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got the most hilarious picture in my head just reading this. Glad you can still post- computer, no computer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get the PC fixed soon, I know it can be a love/hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One reason I went into IT is because computers don't talk back...well they're not supposed to anyway. They can be so frustrating! I love the story of Nelson! Doesn't matter what, they remain our best friends. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.