Saturday, May 28, 2011

I've had such a nice weekend.

A good 22k run is always a great start.

Then off to breakfast and the markets and then home to bake - caramel surprise brownies and black forest cookies. I love it when my kitchen has that warm sugar, chocolate and vanilla smell.

A lazy read of the paper in bed with my favourite dogs which somehow ended up with an hour and half nap - there are dribble marks on my pillow to prove just how sleepy I was.

Another hour catching up on blogs/ folding washing/ checking up on the group of uni students in our driveway who are trying to solve the world's water problems and offering them freshly baked cookies.

Catching up with my friend Natalie for our weekly walk which turned out not to be a walk because of her sore back. The coffee and conversation was good, though.

Then home for a late supper of soup and a blissful night's sleep.

Then up early this morning for a drive out to Mt Nebo to watch a lot of my squad compete in the Australian Mountain Running Championships. I'd managed to talk Iven into coming with me by bribing him with breakfast at a cafe on the mountain. (he's such a pushover) Breakfast was a little rushed and as it was we only made it to the start line to see the girls set off. Then twenty minutes later it was the men's turn. And not too long after that I got to try my hand at sport's photography. All I can say is that I'm glad I can sew.



The first two Galeforce girls coming across the finish line in 4th and 5th spots.




Our next runner Glenda, in 6th. Can't see her? My stupid camera has such a slower reaction that she was gone before the photo was taken.



The first placed women's team. Go GirlForce! I mean GaleForce.



Our master and commander Coach Chris and his favourite recovery drink.

We were home by late morning which gave me time to leisurely read the paper (no dribbling on the pillow this time) and do just a bit more baking - Apple shortcake and caramel slice.

I couldn't think of a better way to fill a weekend - except running Comrades. Good luck Andrew (from the squad) and Johann

9 comments:

  1. WHat a great weekend...pillow dribble and all! Go Comrades runners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, would you mind switching lives with me for one day? That sounds like a fantastic weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a terrific weekend! And I understand the whole camera slow shutter speed thing. I have many 'interesting' pictures that prove it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

    Had to giggle at the photo with no runner in the shot - that happens with my camera all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking, snoozing and reading the papers- sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, race photographer while in action is not your gig...but post race photos are awesome! Great weekend though...that sounds like an idea one to me! And yay, we're not FB friends :). Not that I get on that dumb thing very often. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Coke the recovery drink? I love it. Some race recently - maybe the Boston 5K had coke and I thought what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful way to spend a weekend! The first photo shows a beautiful running path!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been thinking about Comrades all weekend! Yours sounded like a nice one, especially the baking. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.