Thursday, February 10, 2011

Male PMS

I don't know if it's because of the moon or because the year's settling in to its normal mundane rhythm, but a few of the folks in my house are cranky. Surprisingly it's not me - and I'm the only one here who can legitimately lay claim to PMS plus having to cut back on my runs AND only managing to run really, REALLY badly could potentially make for a very cranky mother. No, I'm quite even-keeled at the moment. It's my boys who are not so happy with life.

Luke had a major dummy spit yesterday. This is really unusual for him because he's very pleasant-natured. He's just started part-time work a week ago and had been given his working hours for this week - just Monday and Tuesday afternoons. Josh works at the same place and was working every afternoon this week. He'd only been at work for a short while when someone came up and asked where Luke was. Apparently there had been a miscommunication and he was supposed to work Monday through to Thursday. Funnily no-one mentioned anything when he didn't show on Wednesday. So Luke got a call saying you're supposed to be working and had to cancel his plans for the evening and jump in the car and fight peak hour traffic to get there as soon as he could. He was NOT happy.

Then Sam came home after soccer training last night and he brought a very unpleasant mood in with him. He'd gone to training after a long few days at work and managed to pull a groin muscle in the first ten minutes of the session. Add that to rolling an ankle a few days beforehand. He's tired and sore and grumpy.

Iven came home in a similar mood yesterday. He'd managed to have his front brakes lock up on him on the way home from work. As he was flying not-so-gracefully over the handlebars he decided that he may have done something wrong when he put on the new brakes. He only ended up with some gravel rash on his leg and hand - it could have been much worse.

So the only ones in this household that have managed to stay pleasant are Josh and I. I'm suspecting that the impending weekend away with my sisters has something to do with my good mood. We're having a belated hens weekend for my younger sister and I get to leave all the crankies at home to wallow in their own self-pity. How timely!

11 comments:

  1. Have them all go on a run. If it doesn't make them feel better, at least it will wear them out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at that sister weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Men have not earned a PMS excuse.
    2. I am planning to run away from home for a couple days (my men are under some spell too); want to join me?
    3. I so totally agree with 2Slow4Boston. Have them run and run a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men: Can't live with them, can't shoot them. Uh oh, that's kinda American humor. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you timed your weekend away JUST right! Have a great time and hopefully they'll be so glad to see you when you get home, it will cheer them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you really need the time away with your sisters. Enjoy the weekend! They are men, they'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo for grumpy men!
    Yay for hens' weekend! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! How will they manage without you? Who cares - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, I hope all the men are over their "PMS" soon!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the time away with your sisters! Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.