Friday, March 5, 2010

How Quickly We Forget

Pre-OTS I used to run a hill session every Thursday with the running group. I haven't done any hills since October and how quickly my legs have forgotten how to run them. This last Thursday was Coach Chris's birthday and I had to get his birthday cake to him so I decided to go to hills, deliver the cake and then go off on my own on the flatter stretch of Mt Coot-tha. I would like to say with my new-found familiarity with said flatter stretch, that there are NO flatter stretches on Mt Coot-tha. There are only hills - up-hills and down-hills of all lengths and gradients.

I managed to run 10k and felt pretty good but within only a few hours I could feel that special feeling that only intense workouts bring - DOMS (except there wasn't much delay in the onset of the muscle soreness)

When I woke up Friday I could really feel the love. (Who said that love doesn't hurt?) And again today on my LSD run the memory remained. But the good news is that I managed both Thursday's and today's runs keeping my HR at a respectable level and not feeling like throwing up for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a great hill workout! You'll get your hill mojo back soon and feeling great! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not throwing up is always a good thing!
    It's a good feeling to conquer a hill workout...keep remembering that through the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No picture of Coach's cake?
    Nice job on the 10k run and hills and not throwing up all day, NO FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.