Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years 2012

Woohoo! Happy New Year!! I'm already over 12 hours into 2012 and what have I done so far?

- Totally missed the start of it cause I was asleep. Boy do I know how to party!! I had half a glass of apple and pear cider, watched a lame movie with Iven (I liked it but he thought it was lame), ate Christmas chocolate till I felt a bit ill then went to bed with a good book. I did get a party invite but Iven's not much into partying and I didn't want him to see the new year in by himself ... and then I go and fall asleep and he saw it in by himself anyway. But he was kind enough to give me a re-enactment this morning which involved him making rowdy crowd noises, counting down and then exploding!

- I changed every calendar in my house. Best to start the year on the right note and that involves having some idea of what year and date it is. I like to do this just in case I'm involved in an accident and I'm taken to hospital and they ask me where I am and what date it is. My sense of direction is pretty poor so I'll probably get that one wrong (unless they're satisfied with a generic 'in the hospital' answer). At least if I get the date right I'll have a good chance of not having a hole drilled into my brain.

- I've cleaned up my lounge room. Dusted and vacuumed away all traces of that huge party Iven and I had last night so the boys don't get the wrong idea. (All right - the real reason is because I don't have my cleaning lady for a couple of weeks and the dog hair was building up at such a prodigious rate that I was being mistaken for Bonobo every time I did my stretches or yoga. And I'm pretty sure I may have a fur ball)

- I had my first coffee of 2012. Unfortunately we could only find McDonalds open at our local shopping centre but beggars can't be choosers.

- I made some flowers for all the birthday cakes that the new year will bring. This is so much fun. It reminds me of being back in kindy and cutting out shapes with Play-Doh. But these flowers taste way better than the Play-Doh ones used to.



And the finished product on a a cupcake - Pretty!!



- I've done my strength session. I can do two sets of 25 pushups now - FROM MY TOES. You might not be impressed but considering I could hardly do 10 in a row. I have very long arms and long levers don't make for strong levers. (it's a physics thing) Some boys may have compared my arms to a chimp's when I was a teenager and thus I feel a strong affinity to Bonobos. My planks have doubled in length and my power step ups are a thing of beauty (at least I'm not losing balance or wetting myself when I do them any more)

Did I make any New Year's Resolutions? Not really. I'll be just doing more of the same. Tweaking things here and there to make things work better for me. Have I planned much for the running year ahead? Again, not really. A lot will depend on how I'm feeling physically. In a general sense I want to run four times a week, strength train twice and throw in some yoga at least three times a week. With my running I'd like to get my mileage back up around the 50-55k per week but as far as events are concerned, I'm just going to see what takes my fancy as the year rolls on.

Has anyone made any major resolutions for 2012? And did anyone party harder than Ive and myself?

16 comments:

  1. LOVE your cupcake!! :)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I still have about 45 minutes until 2012 hits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to read you are 12 hours into the new year and I'm still 3 hours away (mountain time zone). My daughter is home for the night so we are just sitting on our laptops ... she's doing whatever 21 year old girls do (and wishing like mad a boy she likes would text her) and I'm reading blog....we definitely know how to live it up here!

    The flowers on the cupcakes are so pretty...you should go on 'Cupcake Wars' here in the U.S., you'd WIN! :)

    Happy New Year, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you!
    The cupcake looks lovely. My daughter is busy making cupcakes for us but they won't be decorated quite as well.
    We went to see a 5pm movie, aptly titled New Years Eve. Home and in bed ny 9.30. Unfortunately there were loads of fireworks in the area that had our dogs going berserk so we had fitful sleep until 1.30. Didn't wake up to do a new years run :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lounge too?!? I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Wait, did I just say that out loud?

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cupcakes! Happy new year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No partying hard here. We went to the movies - saw war Horse and loved it. We brought subs home and crashed early.

    Gorgeous flowers. You are such a talented cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that busyness sets the tone for the rest of the year, you know. So knowing that, I decided not to do anything work related. Loved it!
    I had to take a nap before midnight. Then after a glass of champagne off to bed I went. I am a party animal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your New Years eve sounds like mine. I went to bed early since I had a race today. :) Happy New Year Char! It sure has been fun getting to know you via blogs this year. I'm not sure I could eat your cupcakes with how they look so beautiful. I'm impressed with your push ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the New Year in with my in-laws and a board game. The way things are going I will sleep through the next one. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty and fancy cupcake!! :)

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, love the cupcake!! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Char! You might be starting it slow but I'm sure you'll build to a nice pace and be rolling along soon enough!

    Cups cakes "These are a few of my favorite things"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous decorations on your cupcake!
    Funny about resolutions...they're always about diet with me! :P
    Since I'm GF now, I've made a sort of resolution to go Paleo at least 4 days of the week. That's tough, especially with a food blog! Also, I'll have to try to go to massage therapy every week again...and start running again too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Char!
    I managed to stay up (barely) but only because Thing 1 wanted to so badly. Party animals that we are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Undeniably consider that which you stated. Your favourite reason
    appeared to be at the internet the easiest factor to understand of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked while other people think about concerns that they plainly do not understand about.
    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , folks could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

    Here is my webpage - Cambogia Extract

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.